Source: Stay Young At Heart
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 cups apples, unpeeled, sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- To prepare the filling: In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and lemon peel. Mix well. Add the lemon juice, apples, and cranberries; stir to mix. Spoon into a 6-cup baking dish.
- To prepare the topping: In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, whole-wheat flour, and cinnamon. Add the melted margarine; stir to mix.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the top is brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Share this Recipe