Source: Stay Young At Heart
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery and leaves
- 1 can (6 oz) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced carrots, fresh or frozen
- 4 3/4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (1 lb) no-salt-added tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15½ oz) low-sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans
- Dash hot sauce
- 11 cups water
- 2 cups spaghetti, finely broken, uncooked
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only. Serve warm.
- Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only. Serve warm.
Share this Recipe