You can help reduce your risk of stroke by making healthy lifestyle changes.
These are the most important steps you can take to lower your risk of stroke:
· Keep your blood pressure in the normal range.
· If you smoke, quit.
· Keep your blood sugar (glucose) in the normal range.
· If you have heart disease, treat it.
· Keep your cholesterol levels in the normal range.
· Stay at a healthy weight.
· Get active.
· Eat healthy.
Making these healthy changes can also help lower your risk of heart disease and diabetes.