What to ask your Physician:
- Where is the thyroid located, and what does it do?
- What are the differences between hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients and what are the symptoms of each?
- What is Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), how is it measured, and what should my target number be?
- What else besides TSH levels are important for making sure my thyroid condition is under control?
- Why are more people than ever being diagnosed with thyroid cancer and should I be checked for it?
What to ask your Pharmacist:
- What is the difference between a generic thyroid hormone pill and a brand name thyroid hormone pill?
- Will you notify me in advance if you switch my thyroid medicine from the brand name I normally use to a generic?
- What time of day is best to take my thyroid hormone pill?
- May I take my thyroid medication with food, other medications, vitamins or supplements?
- Can any of my other medications affect my thyroid?