|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
2 egg cups
- cooking spray
- 20 oz fresh shredded potatoes hashbrowns
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 6 eggs large
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 6 Tbsp shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place hash browns in a kitchen towel. Working over the sink, squeeze and wring out as much water as possible. Transfer the squeezed hash browns to a large bowl and stir in oil and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among the muffin cups, pressing it into the bottom and up the sides of each cup to form a crust. (There should be a solid layer in the bottom of the cup, but it's OK if the hash browns don't go completely up the sides.) Generously coat the hash browns with cooking spray.
- Bake the hash-brown nests until golden brown on the bottom and edges, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, milk and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide sausage, cheese, bell pepper and onion among the baked hash-brown cups and top with the egg mixture (about 2 tablespoons per cup).
- Bake until the egg mixture is set, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of each cup a few times to loosen completely, then use the knife to lift them out of the tin.
Share this Recipe