Source: Stay Young At Heart
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 4 cups low-sodium tomato juice, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, peeled, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, pared, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or scallion tops
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- Put 2 cups of tomato juice and all other ingredients except diced tomato, chives, and lemon wedges in a blender.
- Slowly add the remaining 2 cups of tomato juice to pureed mixture. Add diced tomato. Chill.
- Serve icy cold in individual bowls garnished with chives and lemon wedges.
Share this Recipe